GENERAL Terms and Conditions OF SALE
WITMER FURNITURE LLC
1. Applicability. These terms and conditions of sale (these “Terms”) are the only terms which govern the sale of the goods (“Goods”) by Witmer Furniture, LLC, a Wisconsin limited liability company (“Seller”) to the party who is purchasing the Goods from Seller under or pursuant to these Terms (“Buyer”). The accompanying quotation, invoice or other sales confirmation (the “Sales Confirmation” and these Terms (collectively, this “Agreement”) comprise the entire agreement between the parties, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous understandings, agreements, negotiations, representations and warranties, and communications, both written and oral. These Terms prevail over any of Buyer's general terms and conditions of purchase regardless of whether or when Buyer has submitted its purchase order or such other terms. Fulfillment of Buyer's order does not constitute acceptance of any of Buyer's terms and conditions and does not serve to modify or amend these Terms.
2. Delivery. Delivery dates are estimates only and the goods will be delivered within a reasonable time after the receipt of Buyer's purchase order, subject to availability of finished Goods. Seller shall not be liable for any delays, loss or damage in transit. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties, Seller shall deliver the Goods to, and tender the Goods at, Seller’s facility loading dock located in Abbotsford, Wisconsin (the “Delivery Point”) using Seller's standard methods for packaging and shipping such Goods. Buyer shall take delivery of the Goods promptly at the Delivery Point. Buyer shall be responsible for all loading costs and provide equipment and labor reasonably suited for receipt of the Goods at the Delivery Point. Seller may, in its sole discretion, without liability or penalty, make partial shipments of Goods to Buyer. Each shipment will constitute a separate sale, and Buyer shall pay for the Goods shipped whether such shipment is in whole or partial fulfillment of Buyer's purchase order. If for any reason Buyer fails to accept delivery of any of the Goods on the date that the Goods have been delivered at the Delivery Point, or if Seller is unable to deliver the Goods at the Delivery Point on such date because Buyer has not provided appropriate instructions, documents, licenses or authorizations: (a) risk of loss to the Goods shall pass to Buyer; (b) the Goods shall be deemed to have been delivered; and (c) Seller, at its option, may store the Goods until Buyer picks them up, whereupon Buyer shall be liable for all related costs and expenses (including, without limitation, storage and insurance).
3. Quantity. If Seller delivers to Buyer a quantity of Goods of up to 10% more or less than the quantity set forth in the Sales Confirmation, Buyer shall not be entitled to object to or reject the Goods or any portion of them by reason of the surplus or shortfall and shall pay for such Goods the price set forth in the Sales Confirmation adjusted pro rata.
4. Shipping Terms. Delivery shall be made FOB Delivery Point.
5. Title and Risk of Loss. Title and risk of loss passes to Buyer upon delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Point.
6. Amendment and Modification. These Terms may only be amended or modified in a writing which specifically states that it amends these Terms and is signed by an authorized representative of each party.
7. Inspection and Rejection of Nonconforming Goods. Buyer shall inspect the Goods within 5 days of receipt (“Inspection Period”). Buyer will be deemed to have accepted the Goods unless it notifies Seller in writing of any Nonconforming Goods during the Inspection Period and furnishes such written evidence or other documentation as reasonably required by Seller. “Nonconforming Goods” means only the following: (a) product shipped is different than identified in Buyer's purchase order; or (b) product's label or packaging incorrectly identifies its contents.
8. Remedies for Nonconforming Goods. If Buyer timely notifies Seller of any Nonconforming Goods, Seller shall, in its sole discretion: (a) replace such Nonconforming Goods with conforming Goods; or (b) credit or refund the Price for such Nonconforming Goods, together with any reasonable shipping and handling expenses incurred by Buyer in connection therewith. Buyer shall ship, at its expense and risk of loss, the Nonconforming Goods to Seller's facility located in Abbotsford, Wisconsin. If Seller exercises its option to replace Nonconforming Goods, Seller shall, after receiving Buyer's shipment of Nonconforming Goods, ship to Buyer, at Buyer's expense and risk of loss, the replaced Goods to the Delivery Point. Buyer acknowledges and agrees that the remedies set forth in this Section 8 are Buyer's sole and exclusive remedies for the delivery of Nonconforming Goods. Except as provided under this Section 8, all sales of Goods to Buyer are made on a one-way basis and Buyer has no right to return Goods purchased under this Agreement to Seller.
9. Price. Buyer shall purchase the Goods from Seller at the price stated in the Seller’s invoice for the Goods ordered by the Customer (the “Price”). The Price shall be as provided for in the Seller’s the list of prices of Goods set out in the Seller’s price book, price file or price notifications from time to time. Prices shall be subject to change from time to time and at any time by Seller, including, without limitation, through the application of a raw materials surcharge. All Prices are exclusive of all sales, use and excise taxes, and any other similar taxes, duties and charges of any kind imposed by any Governmental Authority on any amounts payable by Buyer. Buyer shall be responsible for all such charges, costs and taxes; provided, that, Buyer shall not be responsible for any taxes imposed on, or with respect to, Seller's income, revenues, gross receipts, personnel or real or personal property or other assets.
10. Payment Terms. Buyer shall pay all invoiced amounts due to Seller within 30 days of the date of Seller's invoice. Buyer shall make all payments hereunder by ACH payment, wire transfer or other payment approved by Seller in writing and in advance, and in each case in US dollars.
11. Late Payment. Buyer shall pay interest on all late payments (beginning when such payments are 10 days past due) at the lesser of the rate of 1.5% per month or the highest rate permissible under applicable law, calculated daily and compounded monthly. Buyer shall reimburse Seller for all costs incurred in collecting any late payments, including, without limitation, attorneys' fees. In addition to all other remedies available under these Terms or at law (which Seller does not waive by the exercise of any rights hereunder), Seller shall be entitled to suspend the delivery of any Goods if Buyer fails to pay any amounts when due hereunder and such failure continues for 10 days following written notice thereof. Buyer shall not withhold payment of any amounts due and payable by reason of any set-off of any claim or dispute with Seller, whether relating to Seller's breach, bankruptcy or otherwise.
12. Limited Warranty. Seller warrants to Buyer that for a period of 1 year from the date of shipment of the Goods (“Warranty Period”), that such Goods: (a) will materially conform to the Seller's published specifications in effect as of the date of shipment under the corresponding individual transaction; (b) will be free from material defects in material and workmanship; and (c) will be free from liens and encumbrances when title passes to Buyer in accordance these Terms.
13. Disclaimer. EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH IN SECTION 12 OF THESE TERMS, SELLER MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE GOODS, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR OTHERWISE.
14. Limited Warranty Matters. Seller shall not be liable for a breach of the warranty set forth in Section 12 unless: (a) Buyer gives written notice of the defect, reasonably described, to Seller within 15 days of the time when Buyer discovers or ought to have discovered the defect; (b) Seller is given a reasonable opportunity after receiving the notice to examine such Goods and Buyer (if requested to do so by Seller) returns such Goods to Seller's place of business at Seller's cost for the examination to take place there; and (c) Seller reasonably verifies Buyer's claim that the Goods are defective.
15. Exclusions from Limited Warranty. Seller shall not be liable for a breach of the warranty set forth in Section 12 if: (a) Buyer makes any further use of such Goods after giving notice under Section 14(a) above; (b) the breach arises because Buyer failed to follow Seller's oral or written instructions as to the storage, use or maintenance of the Goods; (c) the breach arises because of unusual problems like water pooling that cause rips/tears, damage caused by animals, vandalism, mold/mildew from insufficient venting, or weather conditions out of the normal (high winds, tornados, snow, and other similar causes); or (d) Buyer alters or improperly repairs such Goods without the prior written consent of Seller.
16. Remedies. Subject to Section 14 and 15 above, with respect to any such Goods during the Warranty Period, Seller shall, in its sole discretion, either: (a) repair or replace such Goods (or the defective part) or (b) credit or refund the price of such Goods at the pro rata contract rate provided that, if Seller so requests, Buyer shall, at Seller's expense, return such Goods to Seller. THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION 16 SHALL BE THE BUYER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND SELLER'S ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH IN SECTION 12.
17. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE TO BUYER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, REVENUE OR PROFIT, OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT SELLER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. FURTHERMORE, IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE GREATER OF (A) 200% OF THE TOTAL OF THE AMOUNTS PAID TO SELLER FOR THE GOODS SOLD HEREUNDER WITHIN THE 12 MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO THE DATE OF THE CLAIM BY BUYER OR (B) $25,000 (USD). The limitation of liability set forth in this Section 17 shall not apply to liability resulting from Seller's recklessness or willful misconduct.
18. Insurance. During the term of this Agreement Buyer shall, at its own expense, maintain and carry insurance in full force and effect which includes, but is not limited to, commercial general liability (including product liability) in a sum no less than $1,000,000 with financially sound and reputable insurers. Upon Seller's request, Buyer shall provide Seller with a certificate of insurance from Buyer's insurer evidencing the insurance coverage specified in these Terms. The certificate of insurance shall name Seller as an additional insured. Except where prohibited by law, Buyer shall require its insurer to waive all rights of subrogation against Seller's insurers and Seller.
19. Compliance with Law. Buyer shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Buyer shall maintain in effect all the licenses, permissions, authorizations, consents and permits that it needs to carry out its obligations under this Agreement. Buyer assumes all responsibility for shipments of Goods requiring any government import clearance. Seller may terminate this Agreement if any governmental authority imposes antidumping or countervailing duties or any other penalties on Goods.
20. Termination. In addition to any remedies that may be provided under these Terms, Seller may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect upon written notice to Buyer, if Buyer: (a) fails to pay any amount when due under this Agreement and such failure continues for 10 days after Buyer's receipt of written notice of nonpayment; (b) has not otherwise performed or complied with any of these Terms, in whole or in part, and has failed to cure such nonperformance or noncompliance within 30 days after Buyer’s receipt of written notice thereof; or (c) becomes insolvent, files a petition for bankruptcy or commences or has commenced against it proceedings relating to bankruptcy, receivership, reorganization or assignment for the benefit of creditors.
21. Waiver. No waiver by Seller of any of the provisions of this Agreement is effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by Seller. No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power or privilege arising from this Agreement operates, or may be construed, as a waiver thereof. No single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder precludes any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
22. Confidentiality. All non-public, confidential or proprietary information of Seller, including but not limited to specifications, samples, patterns, designs, plans, drawings, documents, data, pricing, discounts or rebates, disclosed by Seller to Buyer, whether disclosed orally or disclosed or accessed in written, electronic or other form or media, and whether or not marked, designated or otherwise identified as “confidential”, is confidential, shall be used by Buyer solely for the use of performing this Agreement and may not be disclosed or copied by Buyer (or anyone acting by or through Buyer) unless authorized in advance by Seller in writing. Upon Seller's request, Buyer shall promptly return all documents and other materials received from Seller. Seller shall be entitled to injunctive relief for any violation of this Section. This Section does not apply to information that is: (a) in the public domain; (b) known to Buyer at the time of disclosure; or (c) rightfully obtained by Buyer on a non-confidential basis from a third party.
23. Force Majeure. No party shall be liable or responsible to the other party, nor be deemed to have defaulted under or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement (except for any obligations of Buyer to make payments to Seller hereunder), when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts beyond the impacted party's (“Impacted Party”) reasonable control, including, without limitation, the following force majeure events (“Force Majeure Event(s)”): (a) acts of God; (b) flood, fire, earthquake, pandemics, epidemics, public health emergencies, or explosion; (c) war, invasion, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest; (d) government order, law, or actions; (e) embargoes or blockades in effect on or after the date of this Agreement; (f) national or regional emergency; (g) strikes, labor stoppages or slowdowns, or other industrial disturbances; (h) shortage of adequate power or transportation facilities; and (i) other similar events beyond the reasonable control of the Impacted Party. The Impacted Party shall use diligent efforts to end the failure or delay and ensure the effects of such Force Majeure Event are minimized. The Impacted Party shall resume the performance of its obligations as soon as reasonably practicable after the removal of the cause. In the event that the Impacted Party's failure or delay remains uncured for a period of 90 days following written notice given by it under this Section, the other party may thereafter terminate this Agreement upon 30 days' written notice (provided the Impacted Party has not resumed performance during such 30 day period).
24. Assignment. Buyer shall not assign any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of Seller. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves Buyer of any of its obligations under this Agreement.
25. Relationship of the Parties. The relationship between the parties is that of independent contractors. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture or other form of joint enterprise, employment or fiduciary relationship between the parties, and neither party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
26. No Third-Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any other person or entity any legal or equitable right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of these Terms.
27. Governing Law. All matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Wisconsin without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Wisconsin or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Wisconsin.
28. Submission to Jurisdiction. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be instituted in the state or federal courts located in the State of Wisconsin, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action or proceeding.
29. Notices. All notices, request, consents, claims, demands, waivers and other communications hereunder (each, a “Notice”) shall be in writing and addressed to the parties at the addresses set forth on the face of the Sales Confirmation or to such other address that may be designated by the receiving party in writing. All Notices shall be delivered by personal delivery, nationally recognized overnight courier (with all fees pre-paid), facsimile (with confirmation of transmission) or certified or registered mail (in each case, return receipt requested, postage prepaid). Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, a Notice is effective only (a) upon receipt of the receiving party, and (b) if the party giving the Notice has complied with the requirements of this Section.
30. Severability. If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
31. Survival. Provisions of these Terms which by their nature should apply beyond their terms will remain in force after any termination or expiration of this Agreement.